Maybe the thought of spending more than two months’pay on a wedding dress never even occurred to you when you accepted the ring.
Just a few short years ago, finding a beautiful and elegant wedding dress would have required an all-hands-on-deck manhunt and a considerable amount of spare time and some change. Not so today. And seeing that time and money are very precious commodities, luxuries not everyone can afford, there are quite a few options for you to consider when looking for an incredibly memorable wedding dress.
Whether you’re looking for an unfussy gown for your beach wedding, trying to find a lace-adorned midi dress to wear to City Hall, or you’re going all out but still want something spectacular, there are so many options for you today to realize your dream.
In this first part of the series we will explore one of the three options that are available to you…
Like the rest of the fashion industry, the bridal world, too, is experiencing change. Many reputable designers have adopted the digital trend and are now offering their designs online.
Can you really get a wedding gown delivered to your doorstep? Yes, absolutely.
For many brides, the ability to purchase designer gowns in this most effortless way is a dream come true. Often the prices offered online are considerably lower than the dresses sold in stores due to lower overhead costs to designers, which affords savings to you, the bride.
One thing to bear in mind is that some online bridal stores offer a try-on option, while others do not. If it is a brand that you are familiar with and which has a good reputation, then there should be no need to worry. Do your homework and check the seller’s policies and procedures.
Today, an ocean of choices has become available online, which can often overwhelm and cause confusion.
Here are ten steps you can take to make your choice easier:
1. Make a list of the features you wish for in a dress that would look good on your body type such as silhouette, neckline, sleeves, and fabric. Also list what you would like to avoid (I have laid this out clearly in my book, Your Bridal Style: Everything You Need to Know to Design the Wedding of Your Dreams. Read Chapter 5: Lines That Flatter: Choosing a Style for Your Figure, and Chapter 6: Wedding Dress Silhouettes).
2. Filter by price to make sure you’re staying within your dress budget.
3. Pick out a number of gowns that fit the aforementioned criteria.
4. Pin these on your online inspiration board or print them out so you can lay them all out and compare them.
5. Eliminate the dresses that do not match your needs.
6. Pay attention to details on the chosen dresses: note the fabric, construction, and how it drapes on the model.
7. Get help from those whose opinion you trust and make your decision.
8. Check the manufacturer’s measurement chart and determine the optimal size.
9. Place your order.
10. Find a good seamstress who has experience working with complicated gowns. Once your dress arrives, you will more than likely need some alterations.
Here are just a few of the dresses from our St. Pucchi Collections made available directly from our design house to you, the bride, at a fraction of the cost…Visit www.stpucchi.com for all available styles.
Unfortunately, in this day and age, the Internet is flooded with websites selling cheap imitations and fake goods, some even bold enough to use other designers’ original images to lure you into believing that you are, in fact, receiving an authentic designer dress. So, beware of some sites that offer bargain dresses. Sometimes a cheap dress can just end up being a headache and cost more than you bargained for.
It is best to order directly from a designer’s website than from third-party vendors or those who pose as representatives. When a designer puts their name on a piece, it is a symbol of pride, and they are putting their reputation on the line.
Investing in a reputable designer’s piece ensures that you are receiving a well-made garment of the best quality, an heirloom that you can pass on to generations.
*Above is an excerpt from the #1 International Bestseller, Your Bridal Style: Everything You Need to Know to Design the Wedding of Your Dreams
For help and guidance with your wedding planning needs, pick up the #1 International Bestseller, written by award-winning designer Rani St. Pucchi based on her 30+ years in the Bridal industry and from having worked with more than 20,000+ brides: Your Bridal Style: Everything You Need to Know to Design the Wedding of Your Dreams
© Rani St. Pucchi, 2019
Rani St. Pucchi is an award-winning couture Bridal Fashion Designer, a Style & Image Consultant, and a Relationship Expert. She is a Bestselling Author, a Speaker, an Inspirational Coach and a Trainer. Her recent TEDx talk:Is Your Body Image Holding You Back has received worldwide acclaim. Rani’s #1 International Bestselling Books:Your Body, Your Style: Simple Tips on Dressing to Flatter Your Body Type; The SoulMate Checklist: Keys to Finding Your Perfect Partner; Your Bridal Style: Everything You Need to Know to Design the Wedding of Your Dreams; and her newly released Gold in the Cracks: Move from Shattered to Whole and Reveal Your Light — are available on Amazon and at Barnes & Nobles.
For more information on Rani visit ranistpucchi.com